TechCrunch Disrupt 2017 overview
TechCrunch Disrupt 2017 was held in New York between 15-17 May. It showcased many start-ups, Investors, entrepreneurs, hackers and many tech lovers. This event organised a 24-hour Hackathon, Startup Alley, Hardware Alley, on-stage interviews, The Battlefield Competition and after parties.
“There are so many great new Startupsup surfacing around the world and this year’s Startups Battlefield in NYC will Once again showcase the best of the best.” – Ned Desmond, Coo of TechCrunch.
Startup Battlefield was the main focus of the event as in this section startup expose off their idea in front of all the leading investors and media, which in turn will lead to a $50,000 prize and a winner’s cup. “Battlefield provides startups a platform to gain exposure across the entire tech industry including investors, media and fellow entrepreneurs. We’re excited to announce this year’s competitors and we are eager to watch them pitch our judges, TechCrunch Disrupt attendees and Viewers around the world online”- Ned added to his speech.
In the Startups Battlefield section Over 648 alumni raised more than $7 Billion from different investors and entrepreneurs. But the winner of the Startups Battlefield was a wild card called RecordGram (a music production and distribution app that modifies the games for musicians and singers). They were selected by a combination of audience and editorial votes. They were awarded the winning amount of $50,000 and the winners’ cup on the last day of the event on Wednesday.
Some of the most attractive and coolest startup ideas in the Startups Alley and Hardware Alley were:
- Alluvium– an intelligence platform that delivers real-time operational insights to operation.
- Topology Eyewear – 3-D printed glasses.
- Medean – Monitors the spending.
- Tixel Labs – Inventory management for Restaurants.
- TinyPCB – Allows circuit boards to take the shape of any device.
- Cornea Entertainment – Interactive cinematic comic book episodes.
- Mazen – It saves SEO specialists time
- Popwallet – Mobile wallet Marketing Automation.
- Journey – The impact travel collective.
- io – finds the fastest internet routes available and monitors the global Internet.
- SpaceoutVR – developing the VR technology for more interactive games, entertainment, and communication.